Haryana State Seed Certification Agency
The Haryana State Seed Certification Agency was established in the year 1976 under Section – 8 of Seeds Act-1966 to fulfill the conditions as laid down in National Seeds Projects. This Agency was got registered as independents body on 6.4.1976 under the Registration of Societies Act-1860 and started its independent working w.e.f. 1.9.1976. The administrative office of the Agency is located at Panchkula and four regional offices are at Karnal, Hisar, Sirsa and Rohtak.
Building of HSSCA
Haryana State Seed Certification Agency has its own buildings at three different locations i.e. Panchkula (HQ), CSCO Hisar and Seed Testing Lab, Rohtak.
- At Panchkula, the building is situated on 2 bays area i.e. 615.46 Sq. Yards situated in Bays 11-12, Sector-14, Panchkula. This building was inaugurated in the year 1996. This land was allotted to HSSCA by HSVP vide Memo No. 12029 dated 21.08.1991.
- At Hisar, this building is situated in Sector-14-P, Hisar at 500 Sq. Yards area.
- At Rohtak, this building is situated in the compound of DDA Rohtak. This land is arrange by the Agency on lease from State Agriculture Dept. for establishing Seed Testing Lab of HSSCA in the year 2012.
Capacity of Seed Testing Lab
Haryana State Seed Certification Agency (HSSCA) has two Seed Testing Laboratories situated at Panchkula and Rohtak.
- Capacity of Seed Testing Lab at Panchkula is 5000 samples/year.
- Capacity of Seed Testing Lab at Rohtak is 10000 samples/year.
Officers working in Lab
Officers working in the Seed testing Lab is as follows:
- Panchkula – Dr. Sanjeev Kumar, Seed Analyst
- Rohtak – Dr. Kuldeep Singh, Seed Analyst